Tiger Nation — Don't forget that Spring 2016 Registration is now underway!
Not all students receive financial aid disbursements, but if you are awarded more aid than your total balance at Coahoma, you will receive a refund. When you have remaining aid after your financial aid has been applied to your total balance, you may use what is left in the CCC bookstore. Any aid remaining after purchasing your textbooks will be disbursed back to you according to the disbursement schedule below.
Spring 2016 Disbursement Schedule
*Only students who have not been previously under financial aid suspension, are eligible for the 1st and 2nd disbursement dates.
- *February 13, 2016 (Partial Disbursement)
- *March 4, 2016 (Partial Disbursement)
- March 26, 2015
- April 16, 2015 (Online Students)
SAP Appeal Procedures
The appeal procedure is a process by which a student who is not meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards petitions the school for reconsideration of his eligibility for federal student aid funds.
1. Appeals are made through the Office of Academic Affairs.
2. Student must complete the official Appeal Form. An explanation and or documentation must be provided by the student regarding the reasons the student failed to make satisfactory academic progress. Also, an explanation or documentation must be provided as to what has changed in the student’s situation that would afford the student to meet satisfactory academic progress in future terms or semesters. Coahoma Community College 2013-2015 College Catalog pg. 37
3. A hearing will be scheduled by the Office of Academic Affairs.
4. The Academic Financial Aid Committee will convene to hear appeals.
5. The Academic Financial Aid Committee will provide student with written notification of the committee’s decision.